Plumbing and Heating
Level 2 NVQ
Get Assessed By The Best! Start Your NVQ Journey With North West Skills Academy
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
The timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in building services engneering
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
- Understand how to apply scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
- Install and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Domestic hot and cold water systems
- Central heating systems
- Sanitation systems
- Environmental technologies
- Gas safety
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.