Level 3 NVQ
Get Assessed By The Best! Start Your NVQ Journey With North West Skills Academy
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade. A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely. Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
TimescalesThe timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Erecting complex masonry structures in the workplace
- Setting out complex masonry structures in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace
- Erecting masonry cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Maintaining slate and tile roofing in the workplace
- Applying solid render to background surfaces and producing finishes in the workplace
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace
It allows learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in bricklaying. It covers areas such as working on a construction site, setting out structures and carrying out complex building work.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
For further details on other qualifications available in this occupational area, see our Qualification Search.
Pay in Instalments
You must make the final payment upon completion and it must be completed within 6 months.