Joinery Level 3 NVQ
Get Assessed By The Best! Start Your NVQ Journey With North West Skills Academy
This qualification is for candidates who work or want to work as a site carpenter, Architectural joiner or a shopfitter Architectural joiner in the construction sector
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
The timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Installing Bespoke First Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Installing Bespoke Second Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Setting up and Using in Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace
- Erecting Structure Carcassing Components in the Workplace
- Erecting Complex Roof Structure Carcassing Components in the Workplace
- Maintaining Non-structural or Structural Components in the Workplace
This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in carpentry and joinery. It covers the following specialist areas:
- Site carpentry
- Architectural joinery
- shopfitting bench work
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
For further details on other qualifications available in this occupational area, see our Qualification Search.
Pay in Instalments
£1,760.00 + VAT due upon completion. Course must be completed within 6 months.
Pay Full Upfront
You must make the final payment upon completion and it must be completed within 6 months.