Level 3 NVQ
Get Assessed By The Best! Start Your NVQ Journey With North West Skills Academy
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
The timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health,safety and welfare in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace 12 40
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
- Confirming work meets quality standards in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the team’s performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming the dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace
- Contributing to the circulation of construction related project
information in the workplace
This qualification covers a variety of skills required to supervise people working in the construction sector including planning work activities and resources, maintaining working relationships, coordinating and organising work and maintaining health and safety on-site
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
For further details on other qualifications available in this occupational area, see our Qualification Search.