Level 3 NVQ
Remember. There is funding available for all NVQ Assessments at Northwest Skills Academy
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
The timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Applying solid plaster to complex internal surfaces in the workplace
- Producing complex external render finishes in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Installing direct bond dry lining systems in the workplace
- Installing mechanically fixed plasterboard in the workplace
- Running in-situ mouldings in the workplace
This course covers solid and fibrous plastering. Solid plastering includes applying wet finishes to walls, ceilings and floors to given specifications. Fibrous plastering involves installing fibrous plaster elements. Upon completion, learners show that they have the required skills and knowledge and are competent in this specialist trade area.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
For further details on other qualifications available in this occupational area, see our Qualification Search.
We always do our best to help you get funding for your course, please enquire using the button below to find out the fees for this course and we will be in touch