Level 2 NVQ
Get Assessed By The Best! Start Your NVQ Journey With North West Skills Academy
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can progress onto further training at level 3 or on successfully completion of the level 2 progress into a job role in the workplace.
This qualification enables the learner, to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding as well as demonstrating their competence in the workplace when carrying out the role of a Wood machinist.
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
Your assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you’re doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Producing Sawn Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Jointed Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Planed Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Profiled Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Wood and Wood-based Products Using Computer Numerically Controlled/Numerically Controlled (CNC/NC) Machinery in the Workplace
- Dealing With Product Enquiries in the Workplace
- Maintaining Machinery and Equipment in the Workplace
- Manufacturing Routine Architectural Joinery Products in the Workplace
- Manufacturing Routine Shopfitting Products in the Workplace
- Manufacturing Routine Wheelwrighting Products in the Workplace
- Marking Out From Setting Out Details for Routine Architectural Joinery Products in the Workplace
- Marking Out from Setting Out Details for Routine Shopfitting Products in the Workplace
- Marking Out from Setting Out Details for Routine Wheelwrighting Products in the Workplace
- Producing and Maintaining Wood Machining Tooling in the Workplace
- Producing Bored Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Edge Treatment Finishes to Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
- Producing Sanded Wood and Wood-based Products in the Workplace
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory and optional units. Please refer to the qualification specification for a complete list of the units included in this qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area, however we do require at least 3 years experience in the trade.
On completion of this qualification you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding and demonstrated competence to progress on to a higher level qualification in the same or similar occupational area or enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace.
Industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
For further details on other qualifications available in this occupational area, see our Qualification Search.